Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Mail...

... so I mailed off all of my Christmas cards today. I ended up making a total of 67 cards. Most were to family.... and several cards were not just from my family but I also included my Grandmother on them too. She lives less than a kilometer from us in an assisted living facility and it is so awesome to have her here. She had surgery on her spine earlier this year and has a very hard recovery, esp since the damn nurses tore BOTH her rotator cuffs and her even more inept Dr didn't do anything for 7!!! freaking months. Anyways it is really hard for her to write still so I decided to help her out this year by sending cards to people I don't normally send cards to and signing her name on them as well so she did not have to. When I took all the cards over to her earlier tonight to show them to her, and to get her seal of approval, she was crying while telling me how beautiful they all were. I have to admit it felt really great not only to help her out, but also to know just how much my Grams appreciates it.


I also went to my niece's birthday party today and after it was over while most of the kids were playing I did some 'playing' with my sister in law. This is the card we made today. We also did a Santa pillow box 'gift bag' and a couple ornaments with glitter and rub-ons.



Stamps: Dasher, Many Merry Messages
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Brushed Silver Cardstock
Misc: Orchard Ribbon Originals, Dazzlin' Diamonds Glitter, Large Oval & Scallop Oval Punches

There are just so many things I love about this card. First is the Bride DSP. It is actually white on white, but you can color it, and I did it Elegant Eggplant here. I also love Ric Rak and this is Elegant Eggplant from the Orchard Ribbon Originals. And how can we not mention Dasher?
This is such a wonderful stamp, and he is only 10.95, plus who doesn't love a little bling?

I also made this cake for her birthday. My sister in law saw a cake similar to this online and asked if I would try it. if you couldn't tell from the cake, my niece LOVES The Wiggles.


I am off to bed... I have way to much to do tomorrow to get ready to leave for my wonderful trip to AZ!!!! I am getting very excited.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

No comments: