Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shimmery Penguin

I love this little guy. This is the card I made the other night after I was inspired by our cute penguins outside. Just a reminder that this set and the wonderful shimmer paint used to make the shimmer spray are only available until Jan 4th.


you can kind of see the shimmer spray in the top right corner
This does not do it justice, but trying to show the crystal effects on the iceburg

This is to show the wonderful Icicle Rub-ons
It is hard-ish to see here, but this is to try and show the shimmer spray
Stamp: Cold & Cuddly
Ink: Basic Black, Summer Sun, Not quite Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, and Tempting Turquoise Markers
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Not quite Navy, and Basic Gray
Misc: Icicle Rub-ons, Platinum Shimmer Paint, Crystal Effects, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punches

I used the Icicle Rub-ons for the snowflake border, I love how easy Stampin' Up!'s rub-ons are to use. I have never had problems with them not wanting to go on, or coming off for that matter. Also to get the wonderful Shimmer all over the card I used rubbing alcohol and poured it into a mister and then added about 10 or so drops of platinum shimmer paint into it. You then shake it all up and spray. It makes all colors of cardstock look wonderful. It is much more noticeable in person, and I also have to say that the crystal effect on the iceberg is way more glossy in person and looks so much better.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Anne said...

What an adorable card! I pm'ed you regarding the blocks you talked about on SCS.