Sunday, January 17, 2010

you're invited...

Today I finished up all of the birthday invited for Sevastian's 4th Birthday. He is really into Transformers right now, so that is the theme we are going with. I really do feel like I cheated with these invites since the main part of it is a photo, but I did do some 'creating' which makes me feel a little bit better. I printed the info on the backside of the photo paper and I photoshopped the transformer font (I found it online) so that it actually looked like the metal font on the movie stuff. That took a while.... a long while. I also made a cute envelope/holder for the invite. I looked for transformer paper and couldn't find any, so I found some that matched color wise and looked like it belonged. There isn't much Stampin' Up! on here, but there is some

Stamps: none
Ink: none
Paper: Real Red & Brilliant Blue SU cardstock, silver metal, yellow & patterned paper not sure (from my stash)
Misc: Brilliant Blue Brads, Round Tab Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon

I had to emboss the back of the photo since the ink would not dry on the backside of the photo paper. Just a little tip for those that might do the same.... it is really hard to get the embossing powder to melt without 'burning' the back of the photo paper or cracking the picture on the front.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great bday invite!

Sandi Berg said...

What an adorable invitation!