Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Choo-choo choose you....

Do you remember that Simpson's episode? The one where Lisa feels bad for Ralph since no one gave him a Valentine, so she gave him a train one that read I Choo-choo Choose You and then Ralph started to stalk her and all. I love that episode and every year I make my hubby a Valentines card that I can write that in. It's another little joke of ours, cause way back when he thought I was stalking him, when in actuality I was friends with friends of his and was out with them a fair bit.

This is such a fun stamp set and I love doing all sorts of cards with it. My son plays with this set at least once a week, and watching him play with it has inspired a few of my cards. Every time I am scrapping he has to as well. He has a few cheapie stamps for his box of goodies, but he loves to use Stampin Up, so this set and the Prehistoric Pals he can use whenever too. It's quite funny to see a 4 year old boy turn his nose up at 'regular' paper and supplies. He already is a loyal Stampin Up customer, I think mostly cause of the "Yay Man" and the boxes of goodies that "magically" appear, instead of his box that is leftovers from Mum.

Enough of my ramblings, here is the card.



Stamps: Choo-choo, Best Wishes and More, I {love} love jumbo wheel
Inks: Perfect Plum & Pacific Point (retired)
Papers: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Perfect Plum DSP & Pacific Point (retired)
Misc: Modern Label Punch & Movers and Shapers Die, Dazzlin' Diamonds Glitter, Bashful Blue 1/2" Striped Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

To get the layered effect for the Modern Label Punch I first used the punch on whisper white cardstock and then I used a piece of Pacific Point with the Modern Label Movers & Shapers Bigz XL die for the Big Shot. I love that the pieces for this die are just a little bit bigger than the punches so you can layer them if you want. I will have a card up tomorrow that uses the curly label die for this as well. It is a really neat effect when you cut it out from the card front.

For the smoke stack of hearts I inked up specific hearts from the I {love} love jumbo wheel in Perfect Plum and then cut them out and used Dimensionals to adhere them. After they were on the card I added the Dazzlin' Diamonds, I figured it would be too hard to try to do that one by one.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

No comments: