Thursday, March 11, 2010

birds are not my favorite thing....

...but this one is pretty cute. Ever since I was little I have either not liked them or been terrified of them, depending on the bird. I am getting better, but you will never catch me with a pet bird in the house, a snake or lizard yes, birds no.

I have also been trying to use colors I don't normally use, esp for masculine cards. This was for a nephews birthday, and I really did not want to do my typical tree or tool card, so this is what I came up with.


Stamps: Best Wishes & More
Ink: Bashful Blue, Crushed Curry, Garden Green
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Crushed Curry
Misc: 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch

I can not believe how fast this week has gone. Monday was a wasted day, and then Tuesday we spent the afternoon at my SIL's place and even had supper there (she made this amazing BBQ beef on a bun) and yesterday was my birthday so I tried to relax and have a day to myself. I ended up watching a couple movies with my son and we cuddled up in bed to watch them. It was great. John took me out for supper and then we came back home and I made a casserole for supper tonight and Won Ton's which I froze so we can eat them later. Today I am starting to get to work on the cakes I am making for this weekend. I am making a modified Black Forrest Cake for my party on Saturday and a 2 tier baby shower cake also for Saturday. That will keep me busy for a couple days, but I hope to get some major scrapbooking done on Sunday. I have a few more cards I haven't posted yet, so I will get those up tomorrow and Saturday so you will at least have something to look at.

Until next time, Happy Scrappin'

No comments: