Saturday, May 29, 2010

This is totally fitting...

I have been busy all week getting ready for a massive community wide garage sale, and since we really had to clean up the garage and put all my hubby's tools away I think this card is quite fitting today. I bought Totally Tool with my hubby in mind since he loves to go wood working projects and has a ton of tools. I try to make him cards with this set often, and I love the message on this particular stamp....love beyond measure, it's quite cute, but is also how I feel, so it works out well.



Stamps: Totally Tool
Inks: Real Red, Pacific Point, Basic Gray,
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Pacific Point, Nouveau Chic
Misc: Star Designer Brads, Sponge Daubers, Stampin Dimensionals.

I wanted this card to have a bit more rugged and manly feel, so I crumpled some of the Nouveau Chic DSP and then added some dark gray with the sponge daubers.




10 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

Great Guy card..

Karen said...

I like the way you made your own background with the line art of the tools. It really gave the set a cool look. TFS

Kim Jenkins said...

This set really makes great masculine cards. Love your card.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Aren't you a sweety, making a card for your hubby! That rugged panel is great and a fab way to step up a masculine card.

Christyne said...

Definitely fitting and a GREAT guy card!

Amanda said...

Cool card! I really think the black piece resembles dark duct tape.

Christel said...

What a great use for the Star Brads that I just got!

Heidi Baks said...

This card came out so great!

Stampin with Kristy said...

Fabulous card! It is so hard to make a "manly" card and you definitely pulled it off with this one. Love it!

Duct Cleaners Boynton Beach said...

I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing