Tuesday, July 6, 2010

finally....

I have finally got back to a bit of scrapbooking. I have been having the hardest time getting any LO's done. I know what I want to do, but I can not seem to actually translate that to paper. Because of this I have been scrapbooking out of order for the first time ever. This is the very first page (title page if you will) for my son's first year album. I sketched the design about a year ago, set it aside and finally came back to it.

Want to know the best part? I really wanted to use the nursery necessities stamp set, but I do not own it. Then I remembered that MDS has it in it, so I 'stamped' up a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 'card' in the colors I wanted, and then printed it out at home, and Voila! now I have those stamps to use. The pictures are terrible, but I guess that is what I get for taking pictures at 3:45 am.


Stamps: Nursery Necessities
Inks: Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip
Papers: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Parisian Breeze DSP (retired)
Misc: 1" Circle Punch, Square Punch, Star Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, MDS, Cricut

This LO still isn't perfect, but it's almost there. I will probably end up tweaking it some, but for now it is in the album.

I am off to bed, since I have to get up soon and go to a wedding.




11 comments:

Karen said...

great page! I need to get My Digital Studio! How did you protect the ultrasound pic? Anything special?

Heidi Baks said...

Love your color combo!

Jacklyn said...

Great colors -- and I think the layout is great -- tells the story

Christyne said...

ADORABLE!

Dany said...

Karen,

I actually have a low heat scanner, so I scanned it in and then printed out another copy. I don't think I have the courage to do this with real ultrasounds and heritage pics. I would hate to ruin them.

HTH

Dany

Thank you all for the wonderful comments, they really do make my day.

Kim Jenkins said...

What a wonderful page.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

hollybeary creations said...

I love this color combo.. I may have to steal it myself.

Marla Reed said...

Dany, I love the scrapbook page that you posted! It is beautiful! I need to get back to scrapbooking. That's what started my papercrafting, and I've gotten away from it.

I also owe you a big apology! I thought that my blog list was complete, but somehow, your blog was not on it. I am so sorry that I haven't been commenting. I will start. I love your postings!

Jaime Benavides said...

Tag you're it! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks! http://www.scrapcrazydiva.blogspot.com
Adorable layout!!!

Shannon Willis said...

Dany,

I love your blog design. It is so pretty. You did a great job on your layout.

BTW, I found your blog through Stampin Connection. I would love it if you stopped by mine.

Be Blessed,

Shannon
www.shannonscropstop.blogspot.com

kat said...

Very sweet, love the layout and the colours are great.