Sunday, July 25, 2010

NICU days

I am slowly getting more and more of my sons first year album done. I am hoping to have it mostly done by the end of this year, and for sure done by his next birthday in February. This was a really important to me page, and a hard to do page. He was in the NICU for several days after he was born and a lot happened to him there, but sadly we were not allowed to take many pictures. Depending on the nurses working sometimes we were not allowed to take any pictures. I am totally against that policy. I can not imagine having a premature baby that was in the NICU for weeks and weeks and not being allowed to take pictures. To me it was like I imagine going to visit someone in jail. We couldn't just walk in whenever we wanted to. We were only allowed in at certain times, and even then we had to be double verified, even by the nurses that knew us. It was not a fun time, and definitely not the way I imagined my hospital stay.



It doesn't look like it too much, but I tried to make his wrist and ankle bracelets into handcuffs, going along with the cell block theme. I made the little links out of very vanilla cardstock and sponged platinum shimmer paint over top to make it look like metal.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Marina Mist
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist
Misc: Curly Label Punch, Movers and Shapers Die Curly Label, Platinum Shimmer Paint, Brads, 5/8" Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon

I am hoping to get another page at least started tonight after the kid is done with his bath and in bed.


4 comments:

Karen said...

these are precious and I love the theme. My little dude was in the NICU too and I really like the way you're displaying the pics. What a cute little guy!

Kim P said...

God bless you...so glad you can journal and scrap these moments,even though it is a tough time. Every baby is a blessing!

Heidi Baks said...

I love the title and theme you came up with for these pages. Made me LOL!

Christel said...

These are great pages, they gave me goosebumps. Isn't life just amazing?