Wednesday, April 20, 2011

where does time go???

I really don't know. I have the best intentions of posting every second day, and then life gets in the way. I think we are well past the 3 bad things that come together, heck we might even be past 3 sets of 3 at this point. All I know is I am sick of bad things happening, and more than ready for some good.

This is a card from one of my club months. I'm thinking February, but I really don't know anymore.... that's how far behind I am. I love using the Medallion stamp, it just makes the most beautiful cards. I got the idea for this card off the internet somewhere, but now I have no clue where.... I wrote it down on a piece of paper and have since lost it. I changed several parts to it, but it is essentially the same card. There are so many ways to change up the look of the Medallion stamp, and using sponge daubers to create it in 2 tone is one of the best ways. I didn't want the card to look too flat so I sprayed the chocolate chip layer with water and crumpled it before putting it on the card base. It just adds a bit more interest to the card.

It's hard to see here, you really need to see it in real life, but I used shimmer paint and mixed it with rubbing alcohol and created a shimmer spray with the champagne shimmer paint. This card is sooo sparkly in real life. I also used a chocolate chip marker and the color spritzer to create the darker sprinkles on the card.

Stamps: Medallion
Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip Marker
Papers: Blushing Bride DSP, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red
Misc: Linen Thread, Brights Buttons, Pearls, Small Heart Punch, Heart To Heart Punch, Color Spritzer, Shimmer Paint, Antique Brads, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals



2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful! As long as you are keeping up with your ladies, that's what counts, right? I usually just schedule a post ahead as I make the cards. Easier to get the supplies down on the blog while I'm making the stuff.

hollybeary creations said...

The shimmer is very pretty .. I like the small hearts you added. Remember it's a blog and it's supposed to be fun don't put any pressure on yourself to post it will take the fun away from it. At least it did for me and Life happens we have to go with the flow.