Tuesday, August 9, 2011

roomie gifts for convention

I made a few gifts for my wonderful convention roommate Lydia. I wanted to wait until after convention to post these, and since you've already waited a bit for them I'm going to drag it out a little bit.

This is a journal I recovered for her. It's pretty simple to recover one of these, you just have to take the book apart, which isn't very difficult, but you do need to be careful that you don't have papers flying all over the place when you have it apart. The next hardest part is making the holes match the book. I wrapped the cardstock over the book so it would cover the holes front and back, but after I had it covering the front of the book holes I used an X-acto knife to cut the holes, then I glued it to the back and cut the holes from the front. Then I adhered a piece of whisper white cardstock to the inside, about 3/8" smaller on all sides to give it a nice finished look.




Stamps: none
Inks: none
Papers: Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, Pacific Point DSP
Misc: Matchbox Die (tag), Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, 1/2" Concord Crush Poly Stitched Ribbon, X-acto Knife

One of the things I love best about Stampin' Up! is how all the colors go so well with each other. I called Lydia up and asked her what her 4 favorite Stampin' Up! Colors are and then I used them to make her projects. I think the colors look great together, so much so that I made myself some of the same things I made her.

I had so much fun at convention, and part of that was because of Lydia. We've been friends for years, but we hardly ever see each other since she lives so far away. She moved last year, and while she is closer, she's still basically on the other side of the country. Maybe one day we'll live in the same city again.

I'll post the other parts in the coming days.



No comments: