Thursday, August 4, 2011

rubber resist take 3

I'm not a huge fan of this one, but I wanted to show you what an opps looks like. I used to do Pysanka, which is a specific method and style of creating wax resist Ukrainian Easter eggs. I haven't done any in years, and apparently I have forgotten all about layering colors over each other. For this card I made the base and embellishments first and then decided to create the background piece using rubber resist. Sadly for me I wasn't really thinking about colors mixing when I created this. I was going for yellow and blue, but what happens when you mix yellow and blue? you get green. opps. So this is a lesson in what not to do.


Stamps: Party Hearty
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Real Red, Hoppy Memories DSP (retired)
Misc: 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Large Tag Punch, Extra Large Tag Punch, Top Note Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Brights Brad



1 comment:

Lois said...

Different but cute and I like it. TFS